has sponsored a large percentage of 'top tier' professional football
players. However, the most notable football players they have sponsored
are: Franz Beckenbauer, Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham and Lionel
Messi. The first ever piece of apparel (clothing) that Adidas ever
made (tracksuit) was promoted by Franz Beckenbauer in 1967. David
Beckham and Lionel Messi are the only two football players that
Adidas has produced a logo for. The most famous football players
that Adidas attempted to sponsor, but failed, was Pele; he signed
a lucrative long-term contract with bitter cross-town rivals Puma.
There are too many historical professional football players, to
name here, that have been sponsored by Adidas, however, the following
current professional football players are sponsored by Adidas:
- Ángel Di María: Argentine winger, was somewhat
of a failure at Manchester United.
- Arjen Robben: Dutch winger who is a star at Bayern Munich.
- Diego Costa: Controversial striker for Chelsea, known for his
- James Rodríguez: Colombian star of the 2014 World Cup
- Luis Suárez: Top striker for Liverpool and Barcelona,
infamous for three biting incidents.
- Gareth Bale: Currently the world's most expensive player, when
he moved from Spurs to Madrid.
- Kaká: Star midfielders in the late 1990's, starred for
Brazil and AC Milan.
- Robin van Persie: Dutch star who eventually won the Premiership
title with Manchester Untied.
- Karim Benzema: French striker who stars for Real Madrid.
- Manuel Neuer: German world cup winning goalkeeper, generally
rated the world's top goalie.
- Mesut Özil: German playmaker who stars for Arsenal; their
most expensive signing.
- Thomas Muller: Star of the German world cup winning side, and
all-star Munich team.
- Toni Kroos: Another star of the German world cup winning side.
- Xavi: Midfield supremo of the Barca side, and world cup winner